PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2012, 22:52
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe's market segment is the problem, I'm not sure that shuffling the Directors will have any positive impact, they provide in the main a good service with a fleet that's about as efficient as possible, but on many routes there are cheaper options from down the road and putting more Meds on won't help because their aircraft are not big enough to compete with an 319 or 738.

Lets face it the UK aviation industry is F**ked at this level, of the remaining independent airlines you've only got Eastern, BMIR and a few odd's and sods like Titan left, BMIR is fresh into new owners, but judging by Flybe's figures I think they'll have their work cut out unless less they can find some thin profitable routes, Eastern have always played a clever game in keeping away from routes that generate to many passengers, Titan have done well out of the misfortune of other airlines in covering tech issue's but their customer is less and less each year, with the likes of Globespan & baby gone to name a few, the PAN contract must be up in either 13 or 14 and the Royal mail might be a proper private company by then, so they need to keep their QC's but they are too small to cover the 148-189 segment (Easyjet/Jet2/BA) market and the 752 are too big.

I think Flybe have little choice but to try and tough it out and can't expect any help from either BA or the Government over APD, the country is also skint!