PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Instructors"
Thread: "Instructors"
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2012, 13:23
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd recheck that A37....its part of the student records until PPL is attained, unless on the CPL 150 course....been through this crap myself.

First thing I would do blades, is find a new school, you might need to look at a couple. Once you settle on one, they can direct a records request to the directors of your former school, for your logbook and training records.

Second thing I would do, is reconsider your position on jnr instructors. Not all (actually very few) care less about your flying than their own career, because as instructors, their success depends upon yours. You fail, they fail...no gain for them.

Getting rescheduled with different instructors is crap, it doesn't win any friends, or gain anyone anything. Only time you should be rescheduled is if your regular instructor becomes unavailable..i.e illness, you are under no obligation to accept the reschedule, unless you just want to go flying.

Being set up to fly with a different instructor is a different thing.....your regular might know in advance that he will not be available.your choice to fly or not then. You might be asked to fly with a different instructor to get a different view on an issue you have..........all set up to make you go forward.

You list your location as Vic..............bit generic.
If you are east of melbourne, you can't go past Yarra Valley Flight Training in coldstream. They will even take a booking to just chat to you about where you are at and where you want to go. I certainly reccomend you flying with Ian Ryan. He's a young bloke with a great future who cares about his students.

Cheers
Jas