PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Seat belts don't matter,” said Michael O’Leary, chief executive of Ryanair.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 10:07
LS-4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Depone
Meccano. Forgive me, but you are offensive and wide of the mark if you think that pilots who fly for Ryanair are unprofessional. They come from similar backgrounds to other pilots, do the same flight training, pass the same ATPL exams, do as much recurrent training as everyone else to standards admired within the training industry, and despite MO'L's attempts to denigrate their profession continue to perform in a demanding commercial environment. Many pilots at major legacy carriers started with Ryanair.

Don't confuse the public face of Ryanair with the attitude of its pilots.
I share this impression. Although most people seem to agree that the terms could be better to say the least, most pilots I've discussed this with (former FR or with no affiliation) seem to be pleased with their operational standards.

I'm interested, but at the same time I'm torn by the idea of contributing to deteriorating terms for pilots. I hope for some legislation to come to our aid in the future, but I'm not expecting anything.