PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Left hand pain from flying C150!
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2012, 11:48
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason why I mentioned it is because I have had it as well flying certain types of aircraft because the seat won't travel back far enough. The old slab wing PA28 is point in case. It doesn't matter how finger tip I hold the stick my wrist angle annoys things so much so I usually put my arm over the top of it or grab the side meant for the other hand which I wouldn't recommend if you are learning.

Now 700 plus odd hours in the tommy I have never been uncomfy flying. C150's are just to small for me so I can understand the issue of having your arm bent and then having your wrist bent at 90 degrees then this leading to issues even if you just use finger tips you can restrict the blood flow and annoy things.

My other experence with it was in a bigger machine with tiller steering. There are two types of handle one a semi circular quarter arc and the other a sun shaped thing with notches and a arrow head for teh wheel direction. I did a compass swing using the sun shaped one and the next day my sex life was ruined. Took about a week before I could open a door with out an explosion of swearing if I forgot which hand to use.

There are exercises you can do which you can find online and for me they seem to work pretty well and I haven't had an issue for 4-5 years now.