PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atpl Professional Flying..if You Were To Do It All Again....
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 18:16
DeltaT

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
I have seen far more depressing posts than this. Yes I agree that some people are putting people off on purpose to try to improve their odds. I think though far more can only tell it like it is.
Sure there have been success stories. Do they number over 100 or even 20 actually (!), on this site for the entire time its been going? Whats that like, 2-3 months worth of new pilots being churned out?! What about the rest? Yes, ok, not all pilots are on this site, nor are all going to shout their success, but hopefully you get the point.
The key is information on the path you will take, and fair enough thats what you are trying to get here.
However, perhaps shift the focus onto what is required to get a job and -then- move to how you are going to get there.
A budget for a shiny CPL will need add ons to be respectable or help you in your quest. Instructor, MCC, then do you go for a type rating and/or do additional instructor qualifications? IR renewal comes around fast too. What are you going to do for money once you are qualified and looking for work, the bank wants that money back....