PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2012, 10:39
johnson717

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, had my 1st interview today, nth technical, except they ask me whats the difference between A330 and A320 :/, I simply said I do not know. other possible questions were also in another thread, let me post it here again:

Day 2: Interview
Candidates are interviewed individually. As for the Group Exercises, there are 2 assessors, who are experienced in the airline industry either as pilots, senior cabin crew members or HR managers. Over a dozen airlines permit their staff to work on our assessment programme. The structured interview lasts approximately 30 minutes and is intended to assess an individual’s preparedness and suitability for a career in commercial aviation. The assessors will examine why and for how long you have wanted to become a pilot and what practical steps you have undertaken to prepare for the training and career. This could include educational preparation, extra curricular activities to develop social skills and personality, acquisition of flying or aviation related work experience, leadership and team working skills, etc., as well as financial planning and preparation and research of the career, lifestyle, industry and career progression of a professional pilot.

HR question

Introduce yourself
2. Have you applied for CX? If yes, how far have you progressed?
3. Have you applied for either CPP before? If yes, why did you fail?
4. Differences between CX and KA cadets' careers after graduating? Where did you hear this from?
5. Do you get angry easily? Give examples.
6. What hobbies do you have? Why do you like doing this?
7. Why do you want to be a pilot? Any other reasons apart from loving flying and aircraft?
8. How did you prepare for this interview?
9. What aircraft does the Dragonair fleet consist of?
10. What characteristics does a good pilot need?
11. Do you have these qualities? Give examples.
12. What is the latest news in the aviation world?
13. If you aren't selected, what will you do?
14. Do you like travelling? When and where did you travel last time?
15. Which aircraft did you travel on that time? How do you know?
16. What do your family members think about you being a pilot?
17. Are you worried about failing your medical?
18. Any other questions?

CX/KA Flight grading.

To my understanding, the actual ab initio training received by KA and CX cadets in Adelaide is the same, however differences lie in the following items:

1. ICAO English
CX requires candidates to complete the ICAO english test prior to joining cadet training, while KA cadets undergo the english test following completion of training in ADL and their return to HKG.

2. Flight Grading
CX Flight Grading is divided into two categories, depending on the level of experience of a candidate. They are:
a. Basic Grading - 7 flights in Grob115A, focusing on BAC. For applicants with <20 hours TT.
b. Advanced Grading - 3 flights in Grob115A, focusing on assessing candidates' existing flying skills. 3 sorties in sim, with basic Instrument flying.

KA Flight Grading is divided into two categories, also depending on the level of experience of a candidate. They are:
a. Basic Grading - 7 flights in Grob115A, focusing on BAC. For applicants with <20 hours TT.
b. Advanced Grading - 7 flights in Grob115A, also focusing on BAC. Plus 3 flights in CAP10 aerobatic aircraft.

Flight grading is out of date, do not rely on this post for that

3. Career Prospects in HKG
Following returning to HKG, CX cadets undergo ground school for their respective fleets, and are trained just like any other new F/O, except they are not given base training and following check-to-line, they become official S/Os and are relief cruise pilots.

As for KA cadets, they undergo ground school for their assigned Airbus aircraft, but are also given base training. Following check-to-line, they operate under the rank of S/O but actually execute the duties of an F/O. The difference is that they are not allowed to control the aircraft below a certain limitation in wx condition, something that will change as they are promoted to JF/O and above.

So here you go, good luck guys

Last edited by johnson717; 8th Nov 2012 at 13:12.