PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAA MILITARY AIR SAFETY CONFERENCE
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2012, 12:23
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I would give to know that Baz North has read, digested and understood the comments on this forum?!

He, at least, will have a grasp about what is being said wrt Chinook Mk2 intro into Service. I would like to think that he was astounded to hear that the Mk2 had only been given 'switch-on only' clearance by CA in 1993/1994 but that his predecessor (ACAS/CAS/CE) had somehow managed to concoct an almost full RTS, while criminally omitting to tell the crews (esp that of ZD576) that the ac systems were so immature as to be 'positively dangerous'. If AM North accepts that much but also acknowledes the systemic airworthiness failures involving Hercules XV179, Nimrod XV230, Tornado ZG710/Patriot, Sea Kings XV704/650, I would also hope he is of a mind that drastic action is needed to allow the MAA to work to the correct time frame - i.e to regress to before 1987 and not just 1998. To do so, he would be well advised to ask questions of those who could 'do' airworthiness properly - many of those are retired but still have their vast experience and knowledge. It would be insane not to ask their opinion.

I feel that, at the moment, the MAA is a bit like an alcoholic who can't quite admit their drinking problem and is 'just cutting back'. Once the MAA openly admit that the systemic failures go deeper and farther back, only then can they go 'cold turkey' and begin proper rehabilitaion and recovery.

Please stand up........