PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2012, 10:04
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As per my previous post, I already factored in the cosy working relationship between Ryanair and the local Gardai-equivalents and thus discounted the Irish authorities as enforcers of the law. (After all, any "jurisdiction" which could clutch "bumpkins" like Sean Quinn et al to its bosom is hardly likely to nail "silver-tongued" M 0'L, is it?)

I am also aware of the scandalous use of a Ryanair jet by the EU Transport Commissioner at the time of the last Irish EU referendum, so I'm not holding my breath about HQ-in-Brussels either.

But surely at least one of the other 25 will uphold the law !

¿ Poland ? ¿ Slovenia ? ¿ Andorra? ¿ Lichtenstein ? ¿ Vatican City ?
Dear oh dear so having a friendly professional relationship between an airline director and consumer organisation is not allowed............who knew. Do you think any other airline has adversarial relationship with their national consumer bodies ? Do you think businesses who deal with consumer bodies should have adversarial relationships or professional ones ?

As for lending out an aircraft ..... well given the stated aim of the company was in support of the last but one referendum then they perfectly entitled to spend their money supporting it, as was Intel / Apple and a host of other companies based in Ireland.

There is nothing illegal or scandalous about it as it wasn't exactly a well kept secret was it.
As a number of Ryanair AGMs have occured since and it was not raised as an issue by shareholders I think they don't care.

As to Mr Quinn, well he was born and reared in an area of Ireland that comes under juristiction of UK and maintains that is his place of residence.

Unless you happy to go to court to prove they have broken the law all we have to rely on is just another vindictive statement.