PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2012, 09:46
mrshubigbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you stop having holidays from November through to the end of March?
Nor do I. 200,000 potential passengers will now have to fly to places like the Canaries from Gatwick or Bristol, not forgetting all those potential ski destinations. I know there are long term issues with airlines basing themselves at Bmth and yes I agree that it is great to have Thomson based with a year round 737-800 service and Ryanair with a seven month service to many destinations. That doesn't mean success in this curent climate.
Just walk round the terminal today to see that for yourself.
What I would sadly admit to though, is that if MAG or any other potential owner can't do anything with Bournemouth airport in a climate where there are low cost airlines such as Ryanair flying 300 737s, Easyjet with 200 A319/320 etc, then I'm afraid that the airport have missed the boat completely. I for one don't ever see over one million passengers travelling through the airport again unless something major changes. The current investment was planned with three million passengers in mind!
Oh I love this thread - I should find something better to do with my spare time however, when I'm not flying my 320!

Last edited by mrshubigbus; 7th Nov 2012 at 09:51.