PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry passengers take Jetstar crew hostage
Old 7th Nov 2012, 09:18
Trevor the lover

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
OICUR12again has it ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON.

Unless you have lived and worked in the region it is hard to fathom. The Chinese are unbelievable with their behaviour when things go astray - be it weather or whatever. They don't care, they riot. And usually the ground staff scarper, turn off handheld radios, take phones off the hook - anything to avoid being involved, or doing their job. Same goes for police and airport security.

Once in KA, I took ill suddenly. On descent into a Chinese port I started to feel poorly. During the turnaround I neary fainted during the walkaround. Once back in the cockpit, with the door open, I started hurling violently. All the pax could hear me chundering. Clearly I could not continue. But the riot that ensued. Disgraceful human behaviour.

Ask any KA guys about what they had to deal with during the Air China wet leases 6 or so years ago. Crews locked in the cockpit for their own safety, escaping through the E&A bay onto the tarmac due to Chinese kicking in the cockpit door.

Unless you've been there, you've got no idea. The Chinese are on their own disgraceful planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!