PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme (FPP)
Old 7th Nov 2012, 09:14
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Politely Amused,

I believe that the exclusion for those completing OCU, thus Wings, is to avoid conflict between what used to be known as the 'Managed Path' and the FPP.

Applicants for FPP are chosen to be of a similar ability at the start of the procedure and therefore, to the company, are a known commodity.

Managed path and qualified Service Pilots are streamed toward the DEP profile therefore avoiding the 'bond' but you do need to have your fATPL prior to commencing the Simulator assessment.

If/when the DEP window opens, as a QSP, you should have access to a seperate login which will enable you to apply for interview, upto 2 years prior to release I think, without needing a licence number for the website.

QSP DEP is a little more fluid, as explained before, with respect to when it opens and for how long as the 'tap' can be quickly opened and closed unlike the lead-in to FPP.

However, from the QSP perspective, the DEP entry is far better.

(PA, My background was 4500 hrs Helis, ATPL(H) to ATPL(A) then DEP into BA way back on the RAFCARS scheme. It is possible and the recruitment team do not want to alienate QSP's into the future as they have always provided a superb, qualified, experience stream into the company from a source that is rapidly diminishing.)

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 7th Nov 2012 at 09:39.