PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Parts from US
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2012, 19:27
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry, you do not mention under which regime your aircraft sits, N reg, or G reg. It can make quite a difference.

It also appears that a lot of the potential purchases are cosmetic. Therefore you need to ensure that all parts are covered by fire certificates, STC, or 8130 papers. You also need to look out for shipping and UK import tax, duty and where applicable VAT.
Again, if considering airframe parts from the States, attempt to get parts from a break up, where log book entries can be tracked back to the original serial number, or airframe. Even getting the registration can give traceability.

I have not used these particular outfits, however, have purchased quite a bit from US suppliers, call them and discuss, do not just buy on line. Also track down breakers, the States has a number, and they can be type specific. These are a good source of parts, and the guys involved are in general very knowledgeable and can help you a lot.

Also be prepared that when you receive certain parts, they may not fit. I bought a carpet once, for the serial number of my plane, and it did not fit. 600 dollars later.....Good luck

Last edited by maxred; 6th Nov 2012 at 19:43.