PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2001, 22:21
nosefirsteverytime

Question I'm in Ireland butI want to study in Embry-riddle Florida.....

Here's my situation...

I'm a student in an Irish secondary school. Next year I will be starting the two-year Leaving Certificate exams after which I will be going to college (wahee!). Whatever I do for my mula, I'd like it t have something to do with planes. I wanted to be a pilot, but my optician won't let me (sniff!). So if I can't fly 'em, I'll have to make 'em, and that means becoming an engineer. However, the only English-speaking Aeronautic Engineering courses on this side of the Atlantic are in Belfast or Limerick. Neither has a good reputation crime-wise, so I thought to my-self "what about US?". I looked, and found this place in Daytona Beach, Florida. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (sound impressive, huh?). Anywez, I read about this place, and I think it would be perfect. however, all I have seen is the official site, and I'd like to get some opinions. I'm all the way over in Ireland, so I can't get any magazines or anything about it from none-partial sources (i.e. past pupils) And, even if I DO find I want to go, where am I gonna get the money? will a company sonsor me? is there aviation scholarships, or something?
So, the three questions I'm asking, are:
What is Embry-riddle like?
Is it worth caming across the Atlantic for?( well, the Florida sunshine's enough to get me over, but anyways)
Is it out of the son of a petrol station owner's son's reach money-wise?

Thanks loads,

Colm J. Flaherty