PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 12:21
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

Mr Purdey,
I am more than happy to agree to disagree, but again, I draw your attention to my previous statement that the fact that we can disagree after reading the same evidence, suggests the MoD case is not one of absolutely no doubt.

In your reply to Shy, could you then please tell me the conversation that took place in the cockpit prior to the accident. What, exactly, was the decision? Was it a joint one or did one pilot overrule the other? Did the two crewmen take any part in the discussion?

With regard to my part in the campaign, I do my thing, purely in support of the families of the pilots. Not the other way around. If any of the pilots families ask me to stop what I am doing, I would do so immediately, irrespective of my own feelings.

With regard the crew and passengers, I am well aware of the 'opening old wounds' position. I took council, and gained great support and encouragement from one of those who lost a loved one. I have also made it patently clear that I have no intention at all, to prolonging their distress.

I do feel, however, that every family is entitled to a full investigation as to how their loved ones were killed. If, after everything, the honest answer is "We don't know for certain", someone should have the courage to say so, rather than pin the blame on two convenient scapegoats.

My apologies for getting a little on my soapbox. I have not taken any offence at anything that has been posted, but I just want to make it clear that I have always acted in support of the families, and at no point have ever intended to cause distress to the families of all who were lost.

Have a safe journey, wherever that may be.

Regards, as always
Brian
"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook