PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment XI
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2012, 09:58
eimin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! I am Soo Yeak. Working on an airplane is always my dream since I was young. Frankly, I want to be a pilot/cabin crew badly. Unfortunately, I am a red-green colour-blind. Most of the airlines don't even consider a colour-blind applicant.

Previously, someone in the education fair told me that there was a colour-blind succeeded in the Tiger Airway's cabin crew interview. I really hope this is a fact and not a false hope to me. I don't mind working in any small or low-cost airline. Can I still be a pilot/cabin crew?

Please kindly give me some advice or guidance. I would appreciate your precious reply very much.

Thank you.
This is from Annex IV, known as Part MED and contains the Implementing Rules (IRs) for medical certification.

MED.B.075 (c) In the case of Class 1 medical certificates, applicants shall have normal perception of colours or be colour safe. Applicants who fail further colour perception testing shall be assessed as unfit. Applicants for a Class 1 medical certificate shall be referred to the licensing authority.

‘Colour safe’ means the ability of an applicant to readily distinguish the colours used in air navigation and correctly identify aviation coloured lights,