PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2012, 03:06
9w737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been following the updates on this forum for quite sometime now, and I think most of the guys here either no idea or they are getting their information from wrong sources.
Talking to Gloria or any other hr person is not gonna give a clear picture, as she hardly has any idea herself, and in all fairness to her , why would she be bothered abt new recruitment.. Her plate is already full with managing hundreds of jet airways pilots whose licencese, medical issues and million other things she got to manage.
There is no new likely recruitment in near future. And by near future I mean at least 6 months.
Jet is going to get airbus 330 ac's for their international operations. They are going to get captains and f/o's from kingfisher and might upgrade some from existing 737 f/o's
As of the excess of f/o's on 737's, to most of the extent it's not true. They have many in number but all are being used up to their optimum. Now a days in a average, every f/o in del gets a roster of about 62-65 hrs a month with 3 -4 standby. This translates to 70-74 hrs of flying in month. Overtime is paid if u cross 75 hrs and no one is practically doing overtime now a days. So it's a win win situation for the company as they making the most outta their current strength of f/o's.
If they hire more, ppl will do less hrs and get paid up to 75 hrs fixed.
And those who are on standby, I would suggest them to hold their horses from sometime to come as at least upto this year they stand no chance to be hired.
But on the bright side, those who are waiting for their interview should take so,e solace in knowing that they will accessed before anyone else gets a shot.

Cheers