PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ kill London-Hong Kong route...
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2012, 21:31
rgsaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air NZ kill London-Hong Kong route...

early in March. And I shall be in the middle of a two week visit which I've already booked and paid for via HK.

Therefore they will get me back to Hong Kong as planned but then I shall have to fly Cathay for the HK - LHR leg.

Now that's all very well, but I'm told that I cannot prebook a seat, as I have already done on the cancelled Air NZ flight. Joining a scrum of Chinese trying to get a decent seat at Hong Kong is not my idea of fun and not, of course what I paid for!

They clearly want me to return via LA but having been through there many times before that's the last place I want to go again (and anyway, I haven't got the relevant US "visa" or whatever's required). Of course I went through LA in the early days but it got steadily worse so the HK route was a boon.

Having flown Air NZ some 30 times to NZ since 1983 seems like this may be the last time. Actually unless I can get a satisfactory answer from Cathay, I might cancel, get my money back and start all over again with another carrier.......