PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 5th Nov 2012, 20:34
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thick plottens

For those who remain firmly convinced that DJ is the sole perpetrator of these events, consider a short reading session, commencing at page 39 of the "very" special CASA audit ending at page 103.

The CASA signed confession begins at p.39; the items discussed did not occur overnight. If CASA can identify these problem areas after the event; it follows that they could have done so before. These issues identified and addressed may have prevented the infamous 'group cluster' now referred to as the Norfolk ditching.

Pages 40 – 41 : CASA identifies experience and cultural 'contributing factors' which had been in effect long before DJ decided to ditch the aircraft. Once again, if CASA can define these issues, so very clearly identified after the event, why were they not identified beforehand by CASA and corrected. It is amusing that the issues are laid at the company's door due to a lack of internal audit, what were CASA auditing, the biscuit tin or the lunch menu ?

Then we come to the RCA section, no page numbers but start at PDF 45 – through 78:-

RCA 321058 – it's a bit difficult to blame DJ for dodgy evacuation procedures when the company had not provided the training.

RCA 321059 – training, including V1 cuts conducted by 'non approved' supervisory pilots.

RCA 321060 – more 'non training', this time for ACAS.

RCA 321061 - more 'non training', this time for CRM.

RCA 321062 – operations conducted with no DGA certificate

RCA 321063 – operations without medical certificate.

RCA 321064 – Deficient Fuel policy.

RCA 321065 – Deficient flight preparation documentation and procedures.

RCA 321066 – Deficient/ non existent navigation log and audit procedures.

RCA 321067 – No RTOW or OC charts or procedure.

RCA 321068 – Westwind fleet pilots with out of date of no COM.

RCA 321069 – No formal training for international operations.

RCA 321071 – Systemic failure to report defects.

RCA 321072 – Pre fight passenger and crew briefing deficiencies.

RCA 321073 – Multiple deficiencies notes related to training not provided.

There are a further 22 pages of the same thing yet to be analysed, but the above certainly gives an idea of the background and culture PA crews operate in. The company failed to correct the issues, CASA failed in previous audit and surveillance to either identify or correct any of these post accident 'discoveries'. Airtex was raped, pillaged, burned and buried for a whole lot less than this, by the same manager I might add. Polar was a stellar exemplar in comparison and poor old Tiger, their administrative policy pissing competion pales to insignificance. Yet PA survives.

This is the audit that did not merit the attention of the ATSB. This is the audit that still has not been presented to the Senate. This audit page count is growing daily, firstly we have a humble 45 page leaked version, then a solid 103 pages under FOI; (and yes there are 'subtle differences). I hear there is more of this audit to come under the FOI, unless 'I'm a star see' can find a way to avoid it by skimming around the edges of the Act without actually, technically breeching it, we shall see.

But that's OK it was all the pilot's fault. Not withstanding Dumbosity and the AIP riddles, do try to remember who issues operational approvals, who oversights operations and who signs it all off as 'acceptable' and who acquits the RCA. Give you a clue, it is not Dominic James.

P.S Can some one please expain how a printed name on an RCA can be different to the signature, it still has me puzzled? - Bloggs is this your signature? - No M'Lud.

Last edited by Kharon; 5th Nov 2012 at 20:57. Reason: PAIN - Do you have the FOI 103 page version. PM me if not.