PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another 380 AOG in NRT
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2012, 15:11
Pitch Up Authority

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing has changed

brokenenglish

First of all, it is correct that I was with EK a couple of years ago.

Secondly, I was not fired but resigned, huge difference!

I was part of a group of pilots that revealed basic shortcomings and illegal practices within EK training department. These were forwarded to the audit team installed by HH. All the findings were confirmed by an ICAO audit!

If you want a copy you can get it!

So the only reason why I am no longer there, is because of the British maffia within the training department could not loose face and tried to cover up their mistakes. By the way it is they that got fired, not me.

Unfortunately this was only discovered by the DGCA months after I was gone, I had 3 meetings with them and they acknowledged and recognized that what happened was unfair to say the least. The DGCA was manipulated by the EK GMFO. You will be able to read all this in my book when it comes out.

Now back to the topic of the A380:

Brakes are brakes, doesn't matter if it is an Airbus or a Boeing. If you use the whole runway your brakes will not be as hot. Anyone who disagrees with this will confirm that nothing has changed since the incident with the A340 in JNB. They even managed to land on the shortest runway using autobrakes with a failed anti-skid.

And yes, if I was GMFT at EK things like this would not happen. Pilots that are unfamiliar with the basics would simply not be there.

It is not a difficult job at all, some good flying skills and common sense is all you need.

I am sure you will agree with me that anyone who exposes the safety record or standards of EK will get eliminated. It doesn't matter if they were right or wrong. In this context it is only normal the A380 chaps get fired, that is the way thing work in the Middle East.

But the bottom line is that anyone with a good knowledge of aviation will realize that in Narita there is no reason to blow your tires unless you mishandle the situation.

Last edited by Pitch Up Authority; 5th Nov 2012 at 15:32.