PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS apathy
Thread: NAS apathy
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2003, 08:19
Four Seven Eleven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any news?

Followers of the various NAS threads may remember that on 13 May 2002, the Minister for Transport and Regional Services announced:

The ARG recommended:

(i) the National Airspace System (NAS) be selected as the preferred model for future airspace reform in Australia, subject to the development and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority's (CASA) endorsement of a comprehensive implementation safety case, specifying an appropriate timeframe for all necessary industry communication and education programmes;
(ii) the ARG establish an Implementation Group to assist it in developing the NAS implementation process;
(iii) as an input to the Implementation Group's work, the Bureau of Transport and Regional Economics undertake a more comprehensive cost benefit study of the NAS plan to identify more clearly the net benefits to be gained from its implementation; and
(iv) work be immediately set in train for the establishment of an Airspace Directorate, separate from CASA or a corporatised Airservices Australia, to progress future airspace reform.
Has anyone heard from the Bureau on this issue? It would seem prudent to test RHS's claims of fifty-million dollar savings before implementing changes, would it not? Particularly as the Minister specified that the cost benefit study was to be an input to the Implementation Group's work.

Perhaps Dick Smith could enlighten us all.

Perhaps Mr Smith could also offer his opinions on the way that stage 1 (sorry 1A....sorry stage 1, to be followed by 1A) have been implemented. Of particular interest would be the discrepancies between:[list=a][*]The various provisions of the AIC SUPP[*]The training package for pilots[*]The training package for ATC[/list=a]
which all contradict each other to various degrees.

Personal Note to Dick Smith

You have previously accused me of attempting to prove that you were 'dishonest'. I both denied that charge and offered a 'provisional' apology in case I was wrong. I STILL await your reply and proof of this scurrilous accusation. (Nothing but honour is at stake, however.)