PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2012, 09:07
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi WE Branch,
As far as I am aware and I stand to be corrected, we are either having or going to have Royal navy fast jet pilots trained right from the get go over in the USA? Previously we have sent experienced pilots on detachment to the US Navy but now we might also be seeing pilot trainees learning their skill from US instructors and being taught the methods of the US?

Not only are there Dark Blue pilots over in America but I hear there might also be a few light blue who are desperate to do some real flying. Did i mention the French? Am I also correct to suggest there might a few military pilots on detachment with our French counterparts.

Can you PLEASE forget about the Harrier, it is dead, it is deceased, it is over, it has gone and my thoughts are it will NEVER be bought back into service for a 101 reasons none of which I am going to discuss as it would just add fuel to an extinguished fire. We are allegedly getting the 35B, the F-35B is allegedly the best aircraft for the task and we are allegedly getting that alleged best aircraft.

I like the 35B, I think it has potential, I just do not think it was the best option