PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 5th Nov 2012, 08:29
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Grrr

Kharon...

There's a heap more questions about CASA's actions I think.

In particular, questions that arise from the 'secret report'...

The accident happened on 18th November at 2200 hours local (Norfolk Island time) and which should have been referred to in UTC, but that's a minor point. However, it really doesn't surprise me that the CASA investigation process got this wrong, like a lot of other things in their report regarding best practice in report writing.

The ATSB notified CASA it was investigating (on the same date). CASA, from the report, commenced a 'parallel investigation' 'the next day'.

I smell a BIG rat here, and would REALLY like to know WHY the CASA Manager Accident Liaison and Investigation Unit (ALIU) was:

...tasked with conducting a parallel [to the ATSB] investigation for CASA purposes.
Particularly as the CASA Special Purpose Audit of Pel-Air is referred to in the CASA report.

I would also like to know WHO tasked the Manager ALIU to conduct that investigation?

Something tells me that the nanosecond CASA knew that the ATSB was going to investigate, the penny dropped that the **** was going to hit the fan.

And, as we all now know, it DID!

Maybe these are questions that the Senators may like to ask of CASA management at Round 2?

Last edited by SIUYA; 5th Nov 2012 at 08:29.