PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 5th Nov 2012, 07:32
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoiding the black boxes in the middle of the room

Kharon, Up-into-the-air - You boys got it, you understand exactly what I meant!
Sarcs,
Which kind of makes you think that maybe the ATSB missed that fact because they were reading from the prepared CASA script ala the CASA investigator's report.

The investigators also never make it clear if the pilot had acknowledged receipt of either the 0803 UTC amended TAF or the 0800 UTC auto
SPECI. What we really need is a copy of the original unaltered version of the transcript from the taped communications between ATC and the aircraft!!

What I also find quite remarkable is that except for the usual ATSB
embellishments the ATSB Final Report almost exactly mirrors that put out by the CASA investigators!
Spot on!!
It would seem that there was 'something in the Spring air' as the similarities in reports are amazing! Was the ATSB and CASA trying to cross pollenate and produce some kind of hybrid robust demon child? Was Beaker in all his stupidity, and due to being out of his league, trying to save money by merely copying a report from Fort Fumble? The fact that Beaker was happy to leave the orange boxes sitting in a few inches of water (my exageration, but you get my point) is testimony and evidence to him being nothing more than a politician with absolutely no idea. He needs to 'walk the green mile'. NOW.

The Manager of CASA's Accident Liaison section should be punted for signing off on that report without including the one key piece of crucial information - The CVR/FDR evidence. The final report should have never been finalised without that evidence being considered. He should have held back and forced the ATSB's hand. It is apparent that he is somewhat limp wristed and not capable, or able, or both, to stand his ground and do his job correctly. Also his CASA superiors who accepted that crock should also be forced to 'walk the green mile'.
There were other good elements and causal factors identified in the report, but no final version could or should have been released without those bloody orange boxes being recovered. Clowns.

I recently spoke to a 'highly regarded, well respected and keenly sought after' member of another international aviation investigative body (who shall not be identified or even de-identified, and no it is not Flyingfiend or Blackhandi) and he is watching this unfolding steaming mess with great interest. He also is of the opinion (and we all have the right to have one) that this current debacle is one of the most embarressing and bizzar spectacles he has observed in decades of sifting through smoking holes (and submerged holes).

Last edited by gobbledock; 5th Nov 2012 at 08:17. Reason: Nupties