PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The High and the Mighty
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2012, 17:07
Proplinerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen THATM, but is "Fate is the hunter" the film where the aircraft was called a "Consolidator," it was operating "Flight 22," it looked like a DC-7C fitted with jet engines (really weird!), the coffee spilt over the centre pedestal and jinxed some instruments or maybe the engine fuel controls, causing engine failure, followed by an emergency landing on a beach, which went well until a jetty/pier got in the way, resulting in the deaths of all on board?

And I seem to recall some dumb reporter telling someone from the airline or FAA that he had found out that the jetty/pier had been due to be demolished in about a week's time, so wasn't the disastrous collision of the aircraft with it "fate?"

A pretty poor film I thought. Oh and by the way, I once tried a book by EKG (I think it was Fate is the hunter), because so many of my fellow propliner enthusiasts had raved about them. Sad to say, I found it-and I have to say this-both tedious and pretentious and I abandoned it after two chapters.