PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top of the World: photos from Nepal
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2012, 11:49
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up What a Fantastic Thread!

VF, thank you so much for your stunning photographs of such a beautiful region of our planet. I love the mountains, but I spent my last few years as an aviator flying around the flatness of the Niger Delta and the roof of the squash court in my compound in Nigeria is about as high as I get most days now . One of the high points of my week now is looking at the photos posted by yourself and CO280fx each with their own different wow factor. It must be an amazing, almost spiritual experience flying so close to Sagarmatha: how did you get the photo on post #721? Have you ever thought about using something like a GoPro Hero or similar camera?

I love the Ecureil, but the last SE model I flew was the 350B2 and it must be wonderful to be able to fly a B3e in those fantastic mountains.

I used to do a lot of flying with my knees, especially in floppy-stick machines with no autopilot and, as you've said, it's quite easy once you get used to it.

Fly safe and, when you have the opportunity to safely do so, please keep your photographs coming