PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2012, 03:02
Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The revelations just keep getting worse as every rock is turned over. You have a CP that has overseen the accident, that has presided over the company for quite sometime when it gets a damning audit report and CASA reward him with a job. They feel he was doing a good job... hate to see a bad one.

I would bet that he had limited experience in the aircraft and I believe no check and training on either the Lear or the Westwind so I don't know how he improved things at Nowra because he fundamentally had nothing to do with it. He certainly didn't improve it by leadership.

Just amazing the whole debacle. Instead of CASA holding themselves above it all, they open themselves up to this. The trouble with that is that there are some great and capable people in CASA who do good work and yet they are tainted by these events and decisions. It is just a bad decision to employ him and it just throws all their actions and decisions into doubt.

It would be really interesting to know how others in CASA view the individual and his employment. How do you take anything he says as creditable.