PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAA MILITARY AIR SAFETY CONFERENCE
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 21:06
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good summary on RAeS web

Just felt the need to join this forum. (perhaps more later about why) I would have liked to have gone to this event. There is a really good summary of proceedings on the RAeS web site added this week.

Good discussion about the personalities and their past and future agenda in the banter but honestly the situation can only get better. let us hope those in authority can learn from their past follies.

The RAF put up the best people they have at the time for the jobs. even if they may be deficient in some quarters. The second division would be far worse and the frames managed less safely.

I do feel there is a lot of weeding to do amongst the people managing safety in the individual IPTs. If the majority had been any good at Engineering they would have jobs where thay had more influence over safe outcomes - the bulk I came across were not even "had beens" -no experience of having done anything to speak of.

If I had just one wish it would be for there never to be another XV230 or Mull of Kintyre. That is just a dream. I am afraid that my confidence is low. they talk the talk but between the lines they are smilling vipers