PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Malaga Roster and new bases
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 15:50
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dannyalliga

Please can you tell me why you think that I am selfish ? I think you should at least give a reason for this abusive statement.

I pay my taxes in the EU state I am resident in and if I require any help from the state for unemployment or sickness I will use the resources of that state.

As for retirement pensions if I paid into another EU states social tax system that state would have to pay me a retirement pension, this would more than likely be a small sum ( due to the few years I would be paying the social tax ). However it would cost the same to administer as for a resident who had made lifelong contributions. This would put an unfair burden on that states social security system, surely it would be better for me to keep paying into the system in my country of residence and avoid the unnecessary burden that I would on one or more EU states ?

It is my guess that this whole social tax thing was set up by EU officials who think that airline crew bases are permanent things that last for years and that people always live near their base, over the next ten years it will slowly dawn on these clueless EU administrators what an administratively expensive monster they have set up when they have to sort out the pension payments to people who have small pots of money in the social systems in three or four EU states !

Last edited by A and C; 3rd Nov 2012 at 16:04.