PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Bankrupt? Say it ain't so......
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 11:16
somethingclever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Simply can't understand pilots looking down on other pilots because of a better pay deal, contract etc..."

Yes well, ironically SAS pilots have historically been quick to look down their noses at all other scandinavian pilots. They have been told, and duly bought, the notion that they are a divine gift to the industry and ever since pranced around on pink fluffy clouds now and then peering down through the wisps to regard their Morlock brethren. You'd have been lucky to get a simple "hi" passing them in the terminal and that, incredibly, is still quite common. My solution is to provide them with the broadest smile I can manage, especially the bitter FO-for-life 50-year olds who seem to stare straight ahead in a very constipated fashion when they notice four stripes on my young person.

This from a company that has used their absolute monopoly and influence for decades to push out upstarts and try-hard competitors all over scandinavia. As soon as anyone started nibbling at their business they would roll over them mercilessly undercutting prices and waiting for bankruptcy or buying them outright. It's a well fed, self-rightous outfit with business models circa 1975 impregnating the office walls still pretending that the rest of the world is to blame for their downfall.

Riddle me this, finally. What has the SAS pilots and the SAS company ever done for fellow colleagues when times were tough? Sweet F all.