PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Item go missing in security check
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 10:50
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Similar thing happened to me at Warsaw (the real one, not Ryanair's Warsaw) a couple of months ago. I put an iPhone onto the tray with my other pocket contents and a very small Asus. I emptied the tray on the other side, went straight to the nearest coffee shop (within 50m), and immediately realised I had no phone.

Back to Security within 3-4 minutes of going through, ignored for 10 minutes by unsmiling military personnel who had suddenly lost all their English and understandably failed to understand my Polish. Eventually told by supervisor, relunctantly called by one of the soldiers, that they had not seen my phone, in a manner that clearly said "P**s off, tough".

I suspect that I failed to pick it up from the tray with all the other stuff, and one of them spotted an opportunity.

Lesson learned; as per above post. Put ALL your loose items into a bag, or coat pocket, to go through the X-ray/sniffer. The only thing that must go through unpacked is a computer and, only in some places, the see-through bag with your bomb-making fluids.

Last edited by Capot; 3rd Nov 2012 at 10:53.