PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations AsA - a modern IT wonder.
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 07:41
baswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloggsie, it was me who said that and I stand by it. From a user interface perspective, in my opinion, NfW was a steaming pile of poo.

If I am going to be sitting at a computer to file a plan, I would much rather do it with the new website.

Unless there is a specific thing you used in NfW that I didn't and so don't miss, I am going to say NIS ****s all over NfW.

In corporate IT, failed initial deployments are the norm, and Airservices did a clean roll back. Kudos for that.

And the slowness was solved in 48 hours? Well done.

The reality is that this stuff happens in companies with as many employees as there are pilots in Oz all the time, except we don't hear about it, it is all internal.

Overall, I am still very critical about the late access we as 3rd party developers got and the lack of response to our issues. Not to mention trivial firewall changes taking many days in test and many hours after go live.

But, as these things go, it wasn't too bad at all.

I hope next time they take us developers more seriously... On day one, over sixteen thousand requests to NAIPS went through our servers, I reckon pilots love their iPhones...