PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 type rating & 500 hours of Line training Rate of success??
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 03:54
737RIDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Kolo666

No real professionals start at the apex of their chosen field. Why should
aviation be any different? 200 hr pilots should not start out their careers so
close to the highest level attainable in their career path.
Icame to this LT program after some years of instruction in US, mainly MEP and more than 1000 hours, the only way to upgrade was to pay or being lucky enough to get in RyanAir, but apparently i was to experienced for them.... as i'm now too experienced for them and many other airlines....

I've recently heard or companies that are implementing pay to upgrade to
captain. Pathetic.
i'm afraid is true, many Capatains pay EagleJet to get a job, they don't talk on PPRUNE , i met them here, some wants to upgrade , other out from the market for couple of years for any reason so no current anymore and you have to pay again....

The only good deal is for LT captains , they get good money and there is shortage at the moment, so again , the ones that get the better deal are those that didn't pay any training or any agency, they did get everithing for free and still they make money over us.....

There are plenty of turboprop jobs around where they will actually pay you to fly.
This is actually true, i'm invited for an interview in europe for a position to fly Jetstream , looks ok, salary and conditions are better that what i have now, i'm seriously considering to giveup the 737 , the problem is if i don't fly it for 6 months there will be no way in the future to get in the 737 again unless i pay again.... and anyway i can not find the time to go for the interview, next time i'm in europe i would really like to see my kids again....

Last edited by 737RIDE; 3rd Nov 2012 at 04:16.