PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations AsA - a modern IT wonder.
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 23:24
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Angry Congratulations AsA - a modern IT wonder.

Congratulations to AirServices Australia on the roll-out of the new briefing system this week. Slower, more complex, fails to interface with standard industry tools and makes everyones life harder.

I am sure some of the worst squarks will be ironed out over the next couple of years, and we will learn to work-around the rest.

I have heard of a practice where major software and hardware changes are rolled out in parallel with the old system for a period of trial before switching the old system off.

This practice is normal for high-risk environments. I guess they decided not to do it this time because Aviation is low-risk... and we all know how safe it is, don't we?

YES I had plenty of time to think abou this, I spent 22 minutes on hold yesterday trying to lodge a flight plan, forced to listen to ASA dribble on about how they are world leaders in this and that and the other.

ON A SERIOUS NOTE than you and well done to all the BN and ML Center controllers, who kept an even tone and bent over backwards this week to help all the flights with lost, deleted, unlodged or seriously delayed flight plans.

Cheers