PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Checkout on piper
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 23:07
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pipers are better

the last piper I flew was a seminole...and it had a way to dip the tanks to get the exact amount...and you can buy tank dippers for any of the cherokees and up.

I flew bank checks in pipers. for those of you who don't know what that means its this: at one time, bank checks had to be physically deposited in federal reserve banks to start earning interest. our whole fleet was pipers, flying in any kind of weather and they did just fine.

wing struts on an airplane...how many airliners, or fighter planes have wing struts? (none under construction...maybe the twin otter?)

as far as one door vs two...just means the fuselage is a bit stronger on the piper.

oh...and imagine crashing...and the fuel tanks break on a cessna...they pour gasoline on your head. not so the piper.

I guess you have to be MANLY to climb up on the wing strut to check the fuel. Or stupid?

and I guess cessna must also make lawnmowers and uses the same throttle assembly for their planes.

the cessna is sloppy, the piper is crisp...

oh...and say PIPER CUB and any pilot smiles.

say cessna 150 and everyone shakes their head

oh, and if you are tall, when you do your walkaround, you bump your head on the wing

oh, and if you get out of a cessna while the engine is running, you could walk into the spinning prop

you really can't do that with a piper cherokee, the door and the wing lead you away from the prop.

yup...PIPER guy here for light planes

Douglas for big planes