PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 18:43
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any others ?
Manchester R2 was a "full" length parallel runway.

The others were main runways - ie without them you wouldn't have an airport?

this team looks like a real Sir Humphrey stitch - up
Yes Moderator, I think we all agreed on that before!

Unless:

railway man through & through
If he is part of the HS2 lobby, he will have worked out by now that offers almost zero alternative to short haul flying, but bringing it into LHR might help each project boost the other - far more so than Fantasy Island

Professor Ricky Burdett – no-one has ever found a planner who thinks LHR is in the right place
I doubt even WW thinks it is in the right place. It is just in the least wrong place, and in particular it is in a much better place than Estuary Airport.

Vivienne Cox – Alternative energy people don't like LHR either
Depends if they are real alternative people or just oil stooges who have switched to the non fossil stuff.

Professor Dame Julia King – Climate change academic - not likely to support LHR
Nope. Except again, if we put forward an argument of relatives, R3 is primarily about meeting latent demand, whereas Fantasy Island would be creating new demand - if users could ever pay for it.

Of course, far easier to do nothing, or to play on her Aston connections and promote the Birmingham "Solution".

Geoff Muirhead – The former chief executive of the Manchester Airport Group. - now there is man who will back expanding LHR rather than a regional strategy - I don't think.
Nope, million years, not in a.

So not a single person who has actually worked for one of those companies that operates those new fangled metal bird thingies?