PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE (Dubai) Bank advice please.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 10:00
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAE (Dubai) Bank advice please.

Hi,

I would just like to ask for some advice please as to which bank you find the most user friendly and helpful in the UAE. Some banks offer points when purchases are made on their cards and some banks just offer a much better service than others.

(Aviation related part loosely related). For all those EK pilots who get their hard earnt cash paid into the bank, which bank in particular has been good to you and why please? The banks that are most popular appear to be Mashreq & NDB but I don't know why as I do not bank with them. HSBC appears to have a poor reputation and Lloyds is now HSBC anyway and always had limited ATM's.

I was once told that certain banks are better to be with when you one day leave EK as it makes the money process easier, but again is that just a rumour?

A list of known good and bad banks would be very helpful to those here in Dubai / UAE and it would help the new joiners by offering sound advice from those who are experienced customers.

I will say thanks now to anyone who takes the time to reply and hope that both myself and others would benefit from advice shared on this thread.

Many thanks.