PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 07:40
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fawcett's Official e-mail!

Remember this bit from the play "Pelgate" Act 5 Scene 4. Setting the scene: This was one of those "GOTCHA" moments where the Heff had been dangling the proverbial pineapple in front of Big Mack's eyes then along came Senator Fawcett who asked this:
Senator FAWCETT: I have got an email here from a fairly senior person within CASA saying: 'Our FOI perforation seems to be evenly split about the need or not to mandatorily divert from an alternate from the last possible diversion if the destination weather falls below the alternate minima. 'It goes on to talk about a range of things to do with that. That is followed up by another email—fairly senior again within CASA—on 20 March 2010, which says: 'I am happy with the path you are taking. My point is and you are addressing it that, as a result of reliance on the AIP, the Aeronautical Information Publication, which has no head of power and contains much that we need to revisit anyway, there is one group of pilots that have one view which leads to a mandatory diversion, and another group with the opposite view. Putting aside the practicalities, both groups believe that they are legally correct'—
and this is talking about FOIs—senior flying people within CASA. 'If we find ourselves in an AAT or a court, we once again could look a bit foolish if we, the regulator, find ourselves in a position where we have to say that there are two conflicting views, one of which has to be wrong, and we have done nothing to rectify that over the years—very untidy.'
What that says to me is that you have written the paragraph here aimed at Mr James which indicates that this body of knowledge and training should enable him to make the right decision in every circumstance, putting aside the fact of fuel planning and all the rest of it—and I understand that. The fact is, within CASA, 50 per cent of your FOIs disagreed with the other 50 per cent over what the legal interpretation of that was.
And here's what the Senator was referring to...by the way it's official everyone at Fort Fumble is 'Official', oh almost forgot and the plebs are 'Officers'.

In regards to 'looking a bit foolish' in the AAT or court I'd have to say it wouldn't be the first time but they still manage to bamboozle the Judiciary with pony pooh and witch doctory!

Quite obviously the 'loop' didn't extend to Big Mack's pa console...Q/ So which little piggy left the muddy trotter prints all over the director's foyer and pa's console??