PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways B777 recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 01:41
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m sorry Aviationgeek that your memories during your tenure with Jet Airways will not be happy ones. Those who shared your views made their choice to move on with hopefully hard feelings by either party.

Yes, many pilots had their contracts terminated. But the hand writing was on the wall. Jet Airways performed to their terms and conditions of their contract during the termination period with pay. I know an individual who was terminated during ground school and received pay over a three month period too, which is a section contained within the contract. Not all pilots had the three month termination period provision contained within their contracts.

Only those pilots with FATAs, and Work Visas currentlyvalid, were invited to return to Jet Airways for one year. The termination period has been reduced fromthree to one month. The provision forthe loyalty bonus is part of the contract too.

During the past two plus decades, I’ve been an expat in many countries. I learned early on that business cultures are as diverse as the cultures within the countries I’ve resided and worked in. After my first overseas job, I made it a point to perform as comprehensive research as possible to help me decide whether or not to accept positions of employment based on the conditions both at the prospective airline and country where I would be living.

It’s different working for a foreign company with expat managers in one’s own country. But to some, at the end of the day, a pay check is just that … a paycheck until a better position comes along.

Before coming to Jet, I was employed by a contracting agency in Europe. I was assigned to fly for a low cost carrier, based too far from your back yard. In the beginning of the contract period it was a fairly decent place to work for one and all. During my tenure, I observed terms and conditions deteriorate for those employed directlyto the airline. This particular company continues to use bullying and scare tactics to keep their employees in line. As mentioned before, I was a contractor, not subject to the abuse that the direct employees of this particular company contiune to be subject to.

At the end of the day, Aviationgeek, there is no Utopia to be found in working for any company on this globe these days. Compared to the carrier I flew for in Euroland, I have no major complaints about Jet that would cause me to stomp off in a huff. Jet stood by those who werer TMUed too. I've never any company, both airline and nonairline I've worked for pay employees while medically unfit. But that’s me and I can’t nor will I speakfor anyone else, as this just my opinion.

Last edited by captjns; 2nd Nov 2012 at 01:54.