PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2012, 23:58
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
@ Clandestino

Do you actual read a post in conjunction with the referenced discussion (why was the pullup not arrested) or do you just look for some words to comment on? Do i write in greek or Kisuaheli?

RetiredQuote:
A drastic maneuver would have been to unload to at least 0.5g to reduce the pitch faster, thus conserving more energy and gaining less altitude,

Clandestino
A330 is not tactical fighter, she doesn't fly anything resembling typical F-4 mission profile, there was no need to gain any altitude.
Did i say anything from being necessary to gain altitude or that A330 flies like a fighter or should do so? Stick to my words and do not lay words in my mouth i didnīt write.

Quote Retired :
thereby avoiding SW 2 and thus no TOGA with its negative side effect.

Clandestino
What negative side effect of TOGA? Mind you, we are discussing the aeroplane flying at FL350.

Imho that it was a major assisting part in changing pitch by 11° in connection wit the NU SS. Do the math, look at the loadfactor charts and come back again to comment. Later on the opposite happened, reduction of power had a noticeable effect on reducing pitch, as you stated yourself in previous posts. And we are not discussing an aeroplane flying at FL350, but one that was just short of falling out of FL350. TOGA might not have that much effect on an aircraft in FL 350 flying already at max speed, but it sure has more effect on an aircraft which is on the way to loose itīs aerodynamic stability due to lack of flying speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired F4
The aircraft ran out of speed before the climb was stopped.

Clandestino
Right stick went into nose up position as the stall warning was triggered second time, consequently attitude increased to 17.9° peak -see page 62. Eventually, it did stop the climb in the most disorderly manner.
Again, read my post as answer to HNīs question. Iīm talking about the time period before stall warning two, when the PF attempted to arrest the climb with (HN computed it) average of .87 gīs, which was not enough. The SW2 sounded before a NU SS input was made again and the aircraft was still in a climb with 1.100 fpm. Would the PF had made his ND inputs more agressive like the assumed .5 gīs, then it would imho have changed the siuation significantly.