PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2012, 23:13
GADRIVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaba

"Gadrver, if memory serves me correctly you take a line of...was not like that... But refuse to offer a detailed plausible alternative.

Quite happy to be proven wrong, but it needs to be a convincing argument. We are all keen to hear what you know."

Hi Jaba,
A lot of the of the posts here are fairly accurate.....for a change.
It's taken a while but finally some commonsense is being posted here rather that usual drivel posted by malcontents and individuals with a professional axe to grind.
The state of Aviation regulation in this country is 2nd rate and has been from the early 90s.
Unfortunately, in a typical Australian way, most bitch and whine about the situation however do NOTHING to change things, until now.
If you'd been at the RAAA conference in QLD or any other aviation industry meeting over the last 12 months or so, you'd be able to meet with the clowns running the circus, always entertaining in a 'waiting for the train wreck scene" kinda way.
There's more to come on this , be in no doubt.
For the record, Dom may have made a blue however, like all professional aviators, is only as good as the system that he operates in. He and Zoe were let down in a horrific fashion by their employer and by the regulatory authorities. Could of been any one of us given the same situation.
The next few weeks will prove interesting to say the least.
As I alluded to in previous posts, before making slanderous and amateur remarks on a publicly visible social website in regards to your fellow aviators boys and girls, check your facts first and not rely on gossip and half baked theories sprouted by morons out on the FBO tarmac at Sydney or Brisbane (if I had a dollar for everyone I've heard in the last couple of years)...you may come up with egg firmly planted in face!
Maybe there's hope for the existence of PPrune D&G as a positive indicator of the professionalism of Australias aviators after all!!
Can live in hope I suppose.
[End of self righteous rant!]

...and Jaba, to answer your query...lots!