PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Bankrupt? Say it ain't so......
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2012, 22:48
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course I also have sympathy for the SAS workers! Nobody wants to see people loose their jobs! Unfortunately SAS have failed to evolve with the times! However bigger companies than SAS have failed, poor management is probably the main blame!

Lack of vision, and planning for the future! SAS is not the only airline with this problem!

I have lived abroad for over 20 years, never once have I booked a flight with SAS! And this does not mean that I only travel Lo Co! But if they can't compete with the likes of BA, what chance do they than have?

Also the public perception of pilots T'C's today, is not helped by SAS image, as of course SAS pilots have pay deals most could only dream of, the public image of a pilot complaining over his "contract" today, is that pilots are overpaid and based on false assumptions that pilots are paid like SAS pilots are!

You can see any thread in Norwegian papers online, the discussions are always heavily against the pilots, they get very little sympathy by the general public, public opinion is mostly based on wrong assumptions!