PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 1st Nov 2012, 19:43
srkelso2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible scenario?

Hello,

This is my first post here. For some reason I still don`t know how to start my own thread...Therefore I am posting this here.

I am aware of the difficulties of becoming a pilot. I am not one of those who thinks he`ll be flying 777s in 5 years time. I am still deciding as to how I want to achieve my goal of becoming an airline pilot (in Canada) and I`m wondering if this scenario is a realistic one.

Get my pilots licenses (ppl and cpl) while attending Uni part-time. Then keep on building my hours any way I can (probably flight intructing) and continue going to university part-time. My main concern is that I won`t have the time to flight instruct full-time and go to school part-time.

The main advantage I see in this is I`ll be able to spend more years flying and building hours while at the same time getting a degree to become a more competitive candidate as opposed to going to University full time for 3 years ( in quebec) and barely be able to fly as I study.

I`m posting this to hopefully get some insight and make a decision. Do you guys think my plan is realistic ?

Sorry for making this so long and posting it here in this unrealated thread.