PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2012, 18:04
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LW - thank you for the support for the glove. (We can, no doubt, expect reams of code now to decide when it springs forth).

The thing that none of us can fathom is how PNF completely ignored the climb to a level well above the safe level for the weight. It still puzzles and worries me. Surely it is a fairly basic lesson instilled in crews (and indeed voiced earlier by this same crew) that you CANNOT climb above xxx and continue a safe flight.

This gaping hole in monitoring has not been addressed. This is all before we stalled. Let's (please) forget sidestick, AB control laws etc etc and ask why? We understand the altimeter and v/s were working on PNF's panel. Was he so totally head down in ECAM such that he did NOT watch the shop? Add to the query how could he NOT notice the extreme pitch attitude? It does not gel in my mind. Two experienced and 'competent' trained pilots. I have said before, 'Command' (LHS in this case) calls for one short sharp instruction here, probably as they passed 36000'?? - " Put the nose down" or "I have control". Why was this inhibited?