PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balmoral downsizing ???
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2003, 15:39
Makulu Baas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the smoking gun, does it count if they are operating Raytheon owned aircraft on an EU contract ? I guess it must...

Also what about an employee of a contract company, who leaves , joins the organisation awarding the contracts , then six months later leaves them only to return to the contract company to head up their Aviation section,?? conspiricy ? co incidence or insider trading ?

I saw earlier from gravitysux "Im sure some of the Moral pilots will be switching over to AA". won't rule it out completely I am sure they all got bills to pay and need to eat , but surely a JAR licence is required ??? JAR validations being almost impossible to get for those outside the eurozone ? or does AA have another scam going there as well ?

I don't know if many moral pilots would like to go to AA as captains only get $3500 and FO's get $2500 a month, and are left to fend for themselves. Work cycles are 3 to 6 months on, and 3 to 6 off without pay. maybe MB feels this is a fair way to treat his employees. But with the comments in this thread, IMHO looks like just another underhanded rip off merchant in the aviation industry.

"I hope we can resolve this problem with some more serious input; especially as guys jobs are at stake here. It is much harder for an African to get a JAR validation than vice versa. Subsidies are really the last straw."

Perhaps we should adopt the same attitude of job protection as the eurozone, especially when last week they approached NAC for aircraft.
Lets give them the same treatment as you would receive when trying to get an SA work permit. Use our affirmative action policy to work for us, if you need a foreigner to work for you, prove that there isn't a suitable South African to do the job before the SACAA issue validations sonder regverdige rede

If EU subsidies are available to European companies, is it really ethical that by doing so they promoting unfair business practices in a continent that is rife with corruption, that they are so desperately trying to eradicate with various so called schemes and incentives, under the guise of humanitarian aid ?? maybe they should assist the companies on the African continent that have a proven track record and adopt a policy of help those who are willing to help themselves, in effect encouraging foreign investment to those countries who are in need of it rather than a free handout ?

enuf ranting..... but it does strike me as strange that the Danes know anything about flying higher than 6 ft , considering the highest points in Denmark are the little mermaid, Lego land Eiffel Tower and a couple of thousand pig sties...

Last edited by Makulu Baas; 22nd Jan 2003 at 17:06.