PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about my ATPL Training program JAR-FCL
Old 31st Oct 2012, 21:53
RTN11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He also becomes uncomfortable when I talk about modular routes and when I ask why they credit PIC time instead of dual time...
But from your own quote you've been credited as much dual time as you could:

up to a credit of 40 hours flying experience or 45 hours if an aeroplane night flying qualification has been obtained, of which up to 20 hours may be dual instruction
My FTO has credited me 20 hrs PIC VFR and 20hrs Dual VFR
Seems like you're in over your head a little and haven't done enough research. Who's funding this adventure?

A fair number of people get their PPL then still go on to complete an integrated course. This is usually because they believe that it is a better standard of training, or it increases their chance of employment. Very few will complete a PPL and then do an integrated course at the same school, it rather seems that your school has convinced you to part with a large sum of money, rather than have you simply continue the modular building blocks you have started.

It may not be too late to cut and run from your integrated course, depending on how much you paid up front and how much flying you have done. You will have great difficultly crediting any flying you've done so far on the integrated course for anything modular, so this will still cost more in the long run, and you may find yourself repeating some groundschool too.