Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi HazelNuts39

"HazelNuts39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyman
'Sullenberger is not anonymous, and seemingly has no bias.'
No bias? I wonder."

You know, that is an interesting observation.... I think, pedantically, that any opinion is by definition a bias.

So it requires some critical thought...... He is a paid professional, and has been the owner of an Aviation Safety Consultancy for some time.

At some point, should scepticism be suspended in favor of practical purpose?

In my opinion, no my bias, I would say of course. In the video, he is sitting in the right hand seat, and we know he was a Captain, probably flying exclusively from the left side. Does that hamper his assessment?

The question addressed in the video had to do with visibility of the stick, as did BEA in their report, not interconnectivity. So we have BEA making a point of acknowledging the difference between Airbus and the Boeing architecture, and now Sullenberger more or less damning the layout as deadly, when compared in this way. (The accident would have been less likely, according to Sully).

I live nearby three Airbus pilots, all retired, who unanimously think the difference was unimportant to them.

The bottom line? What do the regulators and the operators think should be done, if anything?

For most folks a risk/benefit analysis suffices. What is the advantage of isolating the control devices visually?