PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angry passengers take Jetstar crew hostage
Old 31st Oct 2012, 06:49
Ushuaia

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Posts here are implying, implicating, Chinese nationals as being the antagonists.

I post this with great trepidation: do not want to get into any racist brawl, but I really would be interested in clarifying exactly what nationalities were involved.

If they were Chinese I would be deeply unimpressed and sadly not altogether surprised, given what I have seen in the past.

It cannot be ruled out that Australians were involved. Can anyone rule that out? If they were involved, in any way, I would be even more disgusted and ashamed. Please tell me that ugly-Australians-abroad were not amongst the antagonists?

Yes, this is no-frills, LCC service at its finest though. Nothing against the crew, they obviously did a sterling job under duress. But they are clearly on their own when things go pear-shaped, which is disgraceful. Shameful. I can't wait to see Jane Hrdlicka drag herself away from the kids, go and meet with DFAT, perhaps head to China and find out why there was zero police/airport staff assistance in this instance, but most importantly seek assurances that this indifference won't happen again! Maybe I expect too much from CEO's, DFAT, and of China!

Last edited by Ushuaia; 31st Oct 2012 at 06:52.