PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2012, 06:02
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tick tock

Sarcs, good post my friend.

This is why aviation safety has gone down the gurgler. Nimwit Governments hell bent on protecting their gravy trains and precious troughs by hiring 'yes men' who are out of their league. 'Yes men' in the form of career bureaucrats, many with PHD's and other assorted non-essential qualifications other than an ability to spin, evade and deflect. The Board members are equally unsuitable.
It is time that the ATSB, CASA and ASA were run by people with industry skill, knowledge and ability. The current mish mash of nupty's are only good for hiding the facts and protecting the Minister and government of the day. All well and dandy til we have the first one or three smoking holes.
It is well past the time to flush out these bureaucrats, leeches, yes men and spin throwers and put knowledgeable people in the drivers seats, and dare I say it - Actually fix the problems!
If we can throw billions at Indonesia and PNG and another 5 billion into bailing out Greece (no, not an exageration, do the research) then we can spend some money fixing our present cluster f&ck.

I've said it before and I will say it again - I only hope the first smoking hole contains politicians, their families and friends when it happens.

Tick tock

Last edited by gobbledock; 31st Oct 2012 at 06:06. Reason: Dodging the control tower in the room