PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't Mess With Texas!
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2012, 23:56
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries Sas,

I've been busy elsewhere but have no truk with criticizing the boys in blue per-SE, however there are horses for courses and unfortunately for those at Bondi with the French man, the whole situation was portrayed in widely published cell phone images. One could clearly see the vacant beach, a lonely, troubled, solitary soul whose limited physical dexterity was there for all to see and something a lot less than an experienced knife-hand being confronted in a tight space. In that circumstance then quite obviously a serious peace maker may be called for, but not the french article.

When I was at AirLog at Long Beach in about 1980, we had interesting talks with some of the police helicopter pilots and troopers who used to be based next door.

Some of these dudes had just done an "Angel Dust" course (which as a socially used drug was only quite new) and had some frightening stories about the drug. One tale related how an officer by himself had approached a suspect before anything was known about procedures to do so and apart from being thrown about twenty meters thru a plate glass shop front window was seriously 'going down' before he resorted to the sidearm, which took seven slugs and only the final loss ol blood to slow his assailant down. A remarkable story in itself but the sick twist was the fact that the assailant's aggrieved mother was pursuing the officer with a writ for one million bucks for, "Dereliction of Duty". I never heard the result.

But more particularly if I may impose upon the indulgence of the mods for just a little more I would like to post links to a couple of stories that are being circulated on only social media both here and America as we believe. Firstly there is a sickening article about the Benghazi "affair". A case for impeachment if ever there was is the opinion in this house.

Secondly, I also wish to convey my humble respect for those on duty during your recent little 'light breeze and light rain', at the tomb of the unknown soldier where the adage might be coined that once in uniform as either a GI or the C in C it's supposed to be on your toes at all times. Note the quips in the comments about the bayonets, relating to an Obama gaff, oh and the one about the boats, jeeeesus.There are other links in the story re Benghazi.

Other links to the Benghazi story can be found on PJ Media. and the Gateway pundit esp. comments 22 & 24.

All the best for your upcoming elections, we're rooting for the double R connection, most impressed with Ryan's economic management skills.Be interested to hear accountant Whirl's comments on that.

Regards tet