PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2012, 22:51
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRMS, Pony Pooh, and 'He who shall not be named'.

So, some points for pondering:

1/ Beaker basically admits that the ATSB report is sprinkled with Pony Pooh.
2/ Mr Skull blames Capt Dom for the entire debacle.
3/ Yet, by his own admission Beaker admits there is more to the story than just Dom screwing up?
4/As has been mentioned, when considering all the contributing factors most admit that FRMS is a contributing factor.
5/ Most people now accept that the 'special audit' that was not considered relevant is actually relevant, and that Pelair had numerous issues including company attitude, fatigue, S.O.P's and other 'unrobust' issues.

So now it gets interesting, and here is the nugget:

CASA approved, sorry, accepted Pelair's FRMS. FRMS was a contributing factor, as it was identified as an issue in the 'special audit'. This then means that CASA, the supposed Regulator, has a part to play in this entire episode and some heavy questions ought to be answered? Maybe the Senators will ask the question 'why was the CASA General Manager Operations moved out of that position into a different role in Canberra prior to all this info coming to light?
Me oh my, I smell a rat, I smell pony pooh, I smell the stench of a Regulator hell bent on absolving itself of any accountability starting to be shown up for what it truly is, don't you?

Tick tock

Last edited by gobbledock; 30th Oct 2012 at 22:53. Reason: Leapfrogging a CASA Inspector